Special Issue on Science and Technology Studies. Call for Papers!
The journal “Epistemology & Philosophy of Science” (http://journal.iph.ras.ru/) announces a call for papers for a special thematic issue on STS devoted to the 400th jubilee of “The New Organon” by Francis Bacon. The submissions are expected in terms of but not limited by the following topics:
- Science as a public good
- Science as a method of knowing: merits and demerits
- Technoscience: prospects and challenges
- Scientific and political revolutions
- Social institute of science in competition with other institutions
- Communications in science: disciplinarity, interdiciplinarity and trading zones
- Science: a new humanism and a new utopism
- Ethics of science: cognitive norms, values and virtues
- Francis Bacon’s heritage for STS
Submissions are welcome in Russian and English, the preferred length is 4000-6000 words. The general guidelines are available on the journal site.
Abtracts up to 150 words are expected (email@example.com) for the first-round expertise up to the 1st of August, 2020. Complete submission deadline is the 15th of September, 2020.